The Italian Riviera Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Walking the Cinque Terre: Hike the famous Cinque Terre trails past gravity-defying vineyards, rock-perched villages, and the deep blue sea.
Portofino: See the world through rose-tinted sunglasses at this glamorous little harbor village.
Genoa's historical center and port: From the palaces of Via Garibaldi to the labyrinthine backstreets of the old city to the world-class aquarium, the city is full of surprising delights.
Giardini Botanici Hanbury: A spectacular natural setting harbors one of Italy's largest, most exotic botanical gardens.
Pesto: The basil-rich sauce was invented in Liguria, and it's never been equaled elsewhere.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $849 & up -- Mediterranean 7-Night Summer Cruise Royal Caribbean
- $699 & up -- Summer: Italy-France-Spain Cruise w/Oceanview — $699 Royal Caribbean