- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
By car, take the Genoa Ovest exit off the A12 and take the upper bridge (sopralevata) to the second exit, Genova Centro-Piazza Corvetto. But be forewarned: driving in Genoa is harrowing and is best avoided whenever possible—if you want to see the city on a day trip, go by train; if you're staying in the city, park in a garage or by valet and go by foot and by taxi throughout your stay.
Regular train service operates from Genoa's two stations.
Stazione Principe. Departures from Stazione Principe travel to points west. Piazza del Principe, San Teodoro, Genoa, 16126.
Stazione Brignole. Departures from Stazione Brignole go to points east and south. All the coastal resorts are on this line. Piazza Giuseppe Verdi, Foce, Genoa, 16129. 892021.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $859 & up -- Mediterranean 7-Night Summer Cruise Royal Caribbean
- $1449 & up -- Balcony: Summer France, Italy & Spain Cruise — $1,449 Royal Caribbean