- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
There is no train station in Asolo; the closest one is in Montebelluna, 12 km (7½ mi) away. Bus connections are infrequent and buses are not coordinated with trains, making it about a 2½-hour trip from Venice via public transportation. Therefore, it is recommended that you drive.
By car from Treviso take Via Feltrina and continue onto Via Padre Agostino Gemelli (SR348). Follow SR348 about 16 km (10 mi), then turn left on SP667, which you follow for almost 4 km (2½ mi). At the roundabout, take the first exit, Via Monte Grappa (SP284) and follow it for 6½ km (4 mi) to Via Loredan, where you turn right and then left onto Via Bordo Vecchio. Asolo is less than 7 km (4½ mi) away from the Palladian Villa Barbaro at Maser.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe