The Veneto and Friuli-Venezia Giulia Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Giotto's frescoes in the Cappella degli Scrovegni: In this Padua chapel, Giotto's expressive and innovative frescos foreshadowed the painting techniques of the Renaissance.
Villa Barbaro in Maser: Master architect Palladio's graceful creation meets Veronese's splendid paintings in a one-time-only collaboration.
Opera in Verona's ancient arena: The performances may not be top-notch, but even serious opera fans can't resist the almost campy spectacle of these shows.
Roman and early Christian ruins at Aquileia: Aquileia's ruins offer an image of the transition from pagan to Christian Rome, and are almost entirely free of tourists.
The wine roads north of Treviso: A series of routes takes you through beautiful hillsides to some of Italy's finest wines.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe