- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Driving through the Parco Nazionale Casentino: The vistas along the winding road of this park in the Casentino will not disappoint.
Piero della Francesca's True Cross frescoes: If your holy grail is great Renaissance art, seek out these 12 silently enigmatic scenes in Arezzo's Basilica di San Francesco.
Santa Maria del Calcinaio: The interior of this Cortona church is much like that of Florence's Duomo, and it's a prime example of Renaissance architecture.
Shopping for jewelry in Arezzo: Gold has been part of Arezzo's economy since Etruscan times, and today the town is well known worldwide for jewelry design.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Special deal: 3-Star La Pace Fr $121+/Nt Expedia
- Pisa Savings! Book at Bologna Pisa Fr $267+/Nt Expedia
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Pisa Fr $158+/Nt — $158 Save with Expedia, $28/night less
- Pisa Savings! Book at Abitalia Tower Plaza Fr $133+/Nt — $133 Save with Expedia, $21/night less
- Book the San Ranieri 3 Nts in May Fr $124+/Nt — $124 Save with Expedia, $12/night less