- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Da Caino Review
At this excellent restaurant in the nearby town of Montemerano, specialties include tomatoes and peppers on crisp phyllo dough, lasagne with pumpkin, ravioli ripieni di olio extra vergine di olive (filled with extra-virgin olive oil, capers, anchovies, and tomatoes), and such hearty dishes as cinghiale lardolato con olive (wild boar larded with olives). Prices are among the highest in the region; locals consider it a serious splurge.
- Address: Via della Chiesa 4, 7 km (4½ mi) south of Saturnia on road to Scansano, Montemerano, 58050 | Map It
- Phone: 0564/602817
- Website: www.dacaino.it
- Location: Saturnia
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Wed., Jan., and 2 wks in July. No lunch Thurs.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Stay 3 night and save: Book the La Torre 3 Nts in May Fr $68+/Nt Save with Expedia, $11/night less
- Book 3-Star Verdi in Pisa Fr $124+/Nt Save with Expedia, $12/night less
- Book 3-Star La Pace Fr $120+/Nt — $120 Expedia
- Book 3 Nts in Pisa this May Fr $235+/Nt — $235 Save with Expedia, $26/night less
- Stay 2 night and save 15% off your stay!: Galilei in May — $157 Save with Expedia, $28/night less
Just got back from a 12 day trip in Italy where I spent the first 4 nights in Rome, 3 nights in Ischia, and a day trip to Frascati. Read more
Above is a blog that I hope will be entertaining and helpful to anyone who might be interested in backpacking across the continent. This is specifically for anyone who's Read more
I like my pair of Jambu Ocean - http://www.sneakersseekers.com/Jambu-WJ13OCE-Womens-Ocean-Sandal/dp/B00BVBZ98U
but I am not sure if that is on ok footwear to wear during the day in Italy. They are comfortable Read more
· News & Features
They said it couldn't be done...that it's impossible to find a tour bus-free patch of Tuscany to explore. ... Read more
A New Yorker and a Tuscan walk into a bar...Debi Mazar and Gabriele Corcos, hosts of the Cooking Channel's... Read more
Tuscany in the fall means brisk days of olive oil tasting and countryside strolls, and evenings spe... Read more