- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
At a Glance
- attractive setting in the valley beneath Cortona
- excellent service
- elegant, but relaxed
- a car is a must
- some find rooms in main villa a little noisy
- a bit fancy for the environs
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Il Falconiere Review
Accommodation options here include rooms in an 18th-century villa, suites in the chiesetta (chapel, or little church), or for more seclusion, Le Vigne del Falco suites at the far end of the property. Husband-and-wife team Riccardo and Silvia Baracchi run the show, serving an almost exclusively American and British clientele. Their restaurant's inventive seasonal menu includes pici alla carbonara con lo zafferano di Centoia e pancetta croccante (homemade thick spaghetti with carbonara sauce), over which, if your heart desires, you can add shaved white truffles. Cooking classes and guided wine tastings are available, and a small shop sells estate-produced olive oil and wine.
- Address: Località San Martino 370, 3 km (1½ mi) north of Cortona, Cortona, 52044 | Map It
- Phone: 0575/612679
- Website: www.ilfalconiere.com
- Location: Cortona
- 13 rooms, 7 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Hotel closed last 3 wks in Jan.--mid-Feb.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1799 -- 7-Nt. Luxe French & Italian Riviera Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
Above is a blog that I hope will be entertaining and helpful to anyone who might be interested in backpacking across the continent. This is specifically for anyone who's Read more
Hi Fodorites! Read more
We're doing a day in Rome/Vatican and I was wondering if someone can list all of the bathrooms (maybe even ones that are not well known) based on our itinerary? Read more
· News & Features
They said it couldn't be done...that it's impossible to find a tour bus-free patch of Tuscany to explore. ... Read more
A New Yorker and a Tuscan walk into a bar...Debi Mazar and Gabriele Corcos, hosts of the Cooking Channel's... Read more
Tuscany in the fall means brisk days of olive oil tasting and countryside strolls, and evenings spe... Read more