- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Pienza's urban renewal: A 15th-century makeover turned this otherwise unpretentious village into a model Renaissance town.
Saturnia's hot water: The gods themselves reportedly had a hand in creating the springs at this world-famous spa town.
Napoléon's home in exile: The island of Elba, where the French leader was once imprisoned, is the prettiest island in the Tuscan archipelago.
Wine tastings in Montepulciano: This gorgeous town also happens to be the home of one of Italy's finest wines—Vino Nobile di Montepulciano.
A stroll through Abbazia di Sant'Antimo: This 12th-century Romanesque abbey shows French, Lombard, and even Spanish influences.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1799 -- 7-Nt. Luxe French & Italian Riviera Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises