- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Train service within this region is slow; in many cases buses are quicker. Trains run from Chiusi-Chianciano Terme to Siena (1 hour) with stops in Montepulciano and Asciano.
Ferrovie dello Stato. You can check the Web site of the state railway for train schedules, or stop in any travel agency— many speak English and will book and print train tickets for you. 892021 toll-free within Italy. www.trenitalia.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1799 -- 7-Nt. Luxe French & Italian Riviera Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises