- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Venice
Basilica di San Marco: Don't miss the gorgeous mosaics inside. They're worth standing on line for.
Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari: Its austere, cavernous interior houses some of the most beautiful and significant art works in Venice.
Gallerie dell'Accademia: The world's most extensive collection of Venetian painting is on display at this world-class museum.
Cruising the Grand Canal: The beauty of its palaces, enhanced by plays of light on the water, make a trip down Venice's main street unforgettable.
Snacking at a bacaro: For a sample of tasty local cuisine in a uniquely Venetian setting, head for one the city's many wine bars.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1399 & up -- Taste of Italy: 6-Night Escape w/Air & Taxes go-today
- $699 & up -- Oceanview: Roundtrip Venice Cruise Royal Caribbean
- $549 & up -- Last Minute: Greek Islands and Turkey Cruise — $549 Royal Caribbean