- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
The Best Venice Day Tours
If you want some expert guidance around Venice, you may opt for private tours, semiprivate tours, or large group tours. Any may include a boat tour as a portion of a longer walking tour. For private tours, make sure to choose an authorized guide.
Walks Inside Venice. For a host of particularly creative group and private tours, from historic to artistic to gastronomic, opt for one run by Walks Inside Venice. Their tours cost €75 for groups up to six people; their guides include people with advanced university degrees and published authors. 0415241706 Roberta; 0415202434 Cristina. www.walksinsidevenice.com.
A Guide in Venice. This popular company offers a wide variety of innovative, entertaining, and informative themed tours for groups of up to 10 people. Tours cost €70 per hour for the entire group, and generally last two to three hours. 3477876846 Sabrina Scaglianti. www.aguideinvenice.com.
Large Group Tours
Venice Tourism Office. Visit any Venice tourism office to book walking tours of the San Marco area (€21, no Sunday tour in winter). There's also an afternoon walking tour that ends with a gondola ride (€40), and a daily serenaded gondola ride (€40). Check the main branch of the city's tourist office or their website for additional scheduled offerings, meeting places, and times. San Marco 2637, 30124. 041/5298711. www.turismovenezia.it.
Cooperativa Guide Turistiche Autorizzate. The Cooperativa Guide Turistiche Autorizzate has a list of more than 100 licensed guides. Half-day tours with an English-speaking guide start at €115 for up to 30 people. Agree on a total price before you begin, as there can be additional administrative and pickup fees. Guides are of variable quality. San Marco 750, near San Zulian, Venice, 30124. 041/5209038. www.guidevenezia.it.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1399 & up -- Taste of Italy: 6-Night Escape w/Air & Taxes go-today
- $899 & up -- Oceanview: Roundtrip Venice Cruise Royal Caribbean
- $649 & up -- Last Minute: Greek Islands and Turkey Cruise — $649 Royal Caribbean