- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Vini da Gigio
Vini da Gigio Review
Paolo and Laura, a brother-sister team, run this refined trattoria as if they've invited you to dinner in their home, while keeping the service professional. Deservedly popular with Venetians and visitors alike, it's one of the best values in the city. Indulge in pastas such as rigatoni with duck sauce and arugula-stuffed ravioli. Fish is well represented—try the sesame-encrusted tuna—but the meat dishes steal the show. The steak with red-pepper sauce and the tagliata di agnello (sautéed lamb fillet with a light, crusty coating) are both superb, and you'll never enjoy a better fegato alla veneziana (Venetian-style liver with onions). This is a place for wine connoisseurs, as the cellar is one of the best in the city. Come at lunch or for the second sitting in the evening, to avoid being rushed.
- Address: Fondamenta San Felice, Cannaregio 3628/A, Venice, 30121 | Map It
- Phone: 041/5285140
- Website: www.vinidagigio.com
- Vaporetto: Vaporetto: Ca' d'Oro.
- Location: Cannaregio
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon. and Tues., 2 wks in Jan., and 3 wks in Aug.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1399 & up -- Taste of Italy: 6-Night Escape w/Air & Taxes go-today
- $899 & up -- Oceanview: Roundtrip Venice Cruise Royal Caribbean
- $649 & up -- Last Minute: Greek Islands and Turkey Cruise — $649 Royal Caribbean
Above is a blog that I hope will be entertaining and helpful to anyone who might be interested in backpacking across the continent. This is specifically for anyone who's Read more
Hi Fodorites! Read more
I really thought I had prepared myself for the emotional brick I knew would fall, the closer I got to my departure date. Read more
· News & Features
Montenegro is heating up, and for good reason.... Read more
You're all ready to go to Disney—the kids are packed, you've got good walking shoes.... Read more
Love 'em?... Read more