- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Hotel al Ponte Mocenigo
At a Glance
- enchanting courtyard
- water access
- friendly staff
- free Wi-Fi
- beds are on the hard side
- standard rooms are small
- rooms in the annex can be noisy
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Hotel al Ponte Mocenigo Review
A columned courtyard welcomes you to this elegant, charming palazzo, former home of the Santa Croce branch of the Mocenigo family (which has a few doges in its past); not surprisingly, the meticulously renovated interior has an updated 18th-century Venetian feel, incorporating a number of distinctive architectural elements such as open-beam ceilings, fireplaces transformed into writing nooks, and Murano chandeliers. Canopied beds, striped damask fabrics, lustrous terrazzo flooring, and gilt-accented furnishings keep the sense of Venice's past strong. The courtyard offers an ideal ambience for breakfast or an aperitivo, and there's a Turkish sauna for unwinding after a day of seeing sights. The hotel is located on a side canal convenient to any number of sights, cafés, restaurants, and shops. It's very popular, so book well in advance.
- Address: Fondamento de Rimpeto a Ca' Mocenigo, Santa Croce 2063, Venice, 30135 | Map It
- Phone: 041/5244797
- Website: www.alpontemocenigo.com
- Vaporetto: Vaporetto: San Stae.
- Location: Santa Croce
- 10 rooms, 1 junior suite.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1399 & up -- Taste of Italy: 6-Night Escape w/Air & Taxes go-today
- $549 & up -- Last Minute: Greek Islands and Turkey Cruise Royal Caribbean
- $549 & up -- Last Minute: Greek Islands and Turkey Cruise — $549 Royal Caribbean
- $699 & up -- Oceanview: Roundtrip Venice Cruise — $699 Royal Caribbean
Here are the details of my trip to Venice, Montalcino & Florence with my husband in May-June 2010. Read more
Here are the details of my trip to Rome & the Amalfi Coast (with a base in Positano) with my husband in May 2009. Read more
I like my pair of Jambu Ocean - http://www.sneakersseekers.com/Jambu-WJ13OCE-Womens-Ocean-Sandal/dp/B00BVBZ98U
but I am not sure if that is on ok footwear to wear during the day in Italy. They are comfortable Read more
· News & Features
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger?... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more