- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Ruzzini Palace Hotel
At a Glance
- excellent service
- a luminous, aristocratic ambience
- the walk from San Zaccaria or Rialto includes two bridges and can be cumbersome for those with mobility issues or significant amounts of luggage
- relatively far from a vaporetto stop
- no restaurant
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Ruzzini Palace Hotel Review
After a painstaking renovation, the historic Ruzzini Palace (which graces the northern end of the lively Campo Santa Maria Formosa) offers Renaissance- and Baroque-style salons, with soaring spaces, Venetian terrazzo flooring, frescoed and open-beamed ceilings, and Murano chandeliers—but some of that fabulous time-burnished patina was diminished in the proces. Guest rooms are essays in historic style but come integrated with contemporary furnishings and appointments. Even the smaller rooms are quite comfortable, and some of the larger doubles and suites showcase paintings by Tiepolo's maestro, Gregorio Lazzarini. Suites are supplied with coffeemakers, bathrobes, and DVD players.
- Address: Campo Santa Maria Formosa, Castello 5866, Venice, 30123 | Map It
- Phone: 041/2410447
- Website: www.ruzzinipalace.com
- Vaporetto: Vaporetto: San Zaccaria or Rialto.
- Location: Castello
- 19 rooms, 6 junior suites, 3 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1399 & up -- Taste of Italy: 6-Night Escape w/Air & Taxes go-today
- $699 & up -- Oceanview: Roundtrip Venice Cruise Royal Caribbean
- $549 & up -- Last Minute: Greek Islands and Turkey Cruise — $549 Royal Caribbean
Just got back from a 12 day trip in Italy where I spent the first 4 nights in Rome, 3 nights in Ischia, and a day trip to Frascati. Read more
Above is a blog that I hope will be entertaining and helpful to anyone who might be interested in backpacking across the continent. This is specifically for anyone who's Read more
We will be basing ourselves in Sorrento in July for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more