Here you'll find rich Austrian-French cuisine in all its buttery glory prepared by Sebastian Fink. The unpretentious former chef, Felix Real, still presides over the 20,000-bottle wine cellar. There's an abundance of game in season, richly sauced seafood, and soufflés. The ambience is old school, and even the salads are prepared at your table. Downstairs, the more casual Stübli atmosphere is just right for Geschnetzeltes mit Rösti (veal in cream sauce with hash brown potatoes).
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book in Z?rich: Save at the Sorell Zurichberg in May Fr $314+/Nt Save with Expedia, $76/night less
- Visit Z?rich for Less: Hotels Fr $112+/Nt Travelocity
- $217 & Up: du Theatre 3-Star Hotel in Z?rich — $217 Expedia
- Book in Z?rich: Save at the Park Hyatt Zurich in May Fr $845+/Nt — $845 Expedia
- Book in Z?rich: Save at the Swissotel Zurich in May Fr $257+/Nt — $257 Save with Expedia, $29/night less
With many thanks to many posters here who commented in my earlier thread: http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/3-weeks-w-6-year-old-in-uk.cfm
I didn't want to disappear into the ether and i wanted to Read more
Back a week ago Friday and am finally caught up, ready to start the TR.
Background: Some you have read my trip report of last year's journey to scatter Mom and Dad's ashes at the Lake of Menteith, tou Read more
Well I thought I had my Switzerland trip planned out.
BUT now I am rethinking the last night.
After travelling on the Bernina Express we will spend
2 nights in Lucerne
4 nights in Wengen
and then 1 nigh Read more