Wirtschaft zum Löwen
Wirtschaft zum Löwen Review
Though there's plenty of French, Swiss, and Austrian influence, Liechtenstein has a cuisine of its own, and this is the place to try it. In a wood-shingle landmark farmhouse on the Austrian border, the friendly Biedermann family serves tender homemade Schwartenmagen (the pressed-pork mold unfortunately known as headcheese in English), tripe in white wine, lovely meats, and the local crusty, chewy bread. For dessert, order the Kaiserschmarrn, a caramelized pancake with plum compote. Be sure to try the region's distinctive wines. When driving here on Route 16, keep an eye out for Schellenberg, posted to the left; if you zip past it, you'll end up in Austria.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $217 & Up: du Theatre 3-Star Hotel in Z?rich Expedia
- Visit Z?rich for Less: Hotels Fr $112+/Nt Travelocity
- Book 4-Star Senator Fr $171+/Nt — $171 Expedia
- Book Bar Seehof in May: Weekend Sale! Save 30%! — $206 Save with Expedia, $85/night less
- Book in Z?rich: Save at the Swissotel Zurich in May Fr $257+/Nt — $257 Save with Expedia, $29/night less
Back a week ago Friday and am finally caught up, ready to start the TR.
Background: Some you have read my trip report of last year's journey to scatter Mom and Dad's ashes at the Lake of Menteith, tou Read more
I apologize to those of you that are annoyed by a duplicate post, but it was a good suggestion to add the line breaks. Read more
My husband and I, along with our then 11 month old, will be going to Paris in October. Read more