Getting Here and Around
Liechtenstein is best reached by car; from Zürich, take the A1 expressway to Sargans, then change to the A13 heading north and take the Vaduz exit. From St. Gallen, follow the A1 northeast to the Bodensee, where it changes into the A13. Follow this south approximately 50 km (31 mi) to the Vaduz exit.
There are no direct trains to Vaduz, Liechtenstein's capital city; you have to stop on the Swiss side of the Rhine and take a bus across the river. From St. Gallen via Buchs, by train and bus, the trip takes 79 minutes. If you're traveling from Zürich, take the two-hour fast train to Sargans, where a connecting bus takes you to Vaduz (travel time 150 minutes).
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Z?rich Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $234+/Nt Expedia
- Visit Z?rich for Less: Hotels Fr $112+/Nt Travelocity
- Steigenberger Bellerive au Lac in May: $319 & Up — $319 Save with Expedia, $56/night less
- Book 4-Star Sheraton Zurich Neues Schloss Fr $252+/Nt — $252 Save with Expedia, $104/night less
- Book the Senator 3 Nts in May Fr $161+/Nt — $161 Expedia