The heart of the Ardennes forest is in the northern wedge of the country, where Luxembourg meets Belgium and Germany. Here, quiet and humble agricultural villages are the norm, and often cows and chickens outnumber people. Asselborn is a typical town of this region, with its sparse population and working farms. Here you can hike, bike, and take in the rural beauty around you.
A few kilometers north of Asselborn, the hamlets of Triosverges, Hachiville, and Binsfield are worth a visit. Troisverges and Hachiville both have small, charming churches featuring Flemish-school paintings. Binsfield is home to the Musée A Schiewesh, a collection of antique farming equipment.
Asselborn at a Glance
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $133 & up -- London: 4-Star Hotel near City Center, $200 Off Mercure London Bridge Hotel
- $2999 -- Croatia: 8-Night Escorted Trip w/Roundtrip Airfare Friendly Planet Travel
- $2149 -- 7-Night All-Inclusive European Cruise in Suite MSC Cruises
- Along the Dalmatian Coast IExplore
- $1336 & up -- Ireland: 6-Nt. Ritz-Carlton Escape w/Air — $1,336 Sceptre Tours