- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The VVV has several offices around Amsterdam. The office in Centraal Station is open daily 8-8; the one on Stationsplein, opposite Centraal Station, is open daily 9-5 (high season); on Leidseplein (ticket bureau), daily 10-7; and at Schiphol Airport, daily 7 am-10 pm. Stop by any of the offices for tour recommendations, maps, and calendars of events. The helpful staff can speak many languages. For a small fee, they can book hotel rooms or other accommodation. The rates change daily, and VVV gets details from the hotels every morning.
In the summer, there are also a few extra helpers outside Centraal Station and key tourist spots like the Museumplein who can help with basic inquiries and directions. Look for people wearing bright red T-shirts and caps with the I amsterdam logo.
VVV—Netherlands Board of Tourism (Stationsplein 10, Centraal Station, Centrum, Amsterdam. www.iamsterdam.com. AUB Ticketshop, Leidseplein 26, (terrace-side), Leidseplein, 1017 PB. Schiphol Airport, Arrivals 2 Building, Luchthaven Schiphol, 1118 AX.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- See Europe! Flights to Amsterdam From 515 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Book 4-Star Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam Fr $286+/Nt Save with Expedia, $31/night less
- May deal: Quentin England Fr $122+/Nt Expedia
- 4-Star Amsterdam Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $1491 Expedia
- See Amsterdam & More: 23 Nts Aboard Avalon Waterways Fr $8,675 Expedia