- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Home of the Bergen Philharmonic Orchestra and stage for the annual Festspillene (International Festival), this music hall is a conspicuous slab of glass and concrete that's used throughout the year for cultural events. The acoustics are marvelous. Built in 1978, the hall was named for the city's famous son, composer Edvard Grieg (1843-1907).
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book 3-Star InCity and Apartments in Bergen Fr $429+/Nt Save with Expedia, $119/night less
My film “Vikings, Tivoli and Trolls” presents the highlights of Denmark, Sweden and Norway, starring Copenhagen’s colorful Nyhavn Canal, entertainment at the Tivoli amusement park; Stockholm’s Read more
We went to tromso and abisko national park to see the northern lights
Would like to thank the forum members ( especially charlie cornwall ) team at visit tromso office and guide gunnar for all the help. Read more
I am from India and wish to plan a trip to see the northern lights this winter.
We are in the intial stages of planning and need suggestions:
Time of travel : Sep to Dec 13 (can change based on suggestions) Read more
· News & Features
Norway's capital tops lots of lists, usually of "the world's most expensive cities."... Read more
The promise of chilly temps tends to send us all indoors.... Read more
There's a new character in town.... Read more