Geilo's 90 mountain lakes and river stretches are open to the public from June to September and most are well stocked with trout. Inquire about recreation maps for Geilo and Hallingskarvet at the tourist office. Fishing permits, which are mandatory, are available in local sport shops, campsites, and at the Geilo tourist office for NKr 50 per day.
Fishing tackle and boat rentals can be organized through Geilo Camping for NKr 120 a day, while rowboats cost NKr 90 for three hours. 32-09-07-33.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Dogsled Tours
- Hiking and Bicycling
- Hiking and Climbing
- Hiking and Glacier Walking
- Horseback Riding
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book 3-Star Anker in Oslo Fr $187+/Nt Expedia
- Book 3-Star Park Inn by Radisson Oslo Fr $348+/Nt Expedia
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Oslo at Anker Hostel Fr $261+/Nt — $261 Expedia
- Best Western Kampen in May: $186 & Up — $186 Expedia
- Save in Oslo: Book 3 Nts in May at Radiumhospitalet l Fr $149+/Nt — $149 Save with Expedia, $91/night less