Mountain Hikes and Walks
For independent walking, Den Norske Turistforening (DNT) has marked trails across the Hardangervidda plain and in the countryside around Hallingskarvet. Inquire at the tourist office about DNT routes and the use of their cabins. 22-82-28-22. www.turistforeningen.no.
Experienced guide Turid Linseth of Hardangervidda Fjellguiding offers designed guided mountain walks and ski trips for all levels and interests, as well as snowshoe and Nordic walking excursions. 97-54-18-60. www.fjellguiding.no.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Dogsled Tours
- Hiking and Bicycling
- Hiking and Climbing
- Hiking and Glacier Walking
- Horseback Riding
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- May deal: Park Inn by Radisson Oslo Fr $397+/Nt Expedia
- Book 4-Star Best Western Kampen Fr $159+/Nt Expedia
- Radisson Blu Plaza , Oslo in May: $391 & Up — $391 Expedia