Hiking and Bicycling
The Nordseter and Sjusjøen tourist centers are good starting points for mountain-biking and -hiking excursions.
From Nordseter Aktivitetssenter, about 15 km (9 mi) from the city center, you can hike to Mt. Neverfjell, at 3,573 feet. There you can see the Jotunheimen and Rondane mountain ranges. The center rents mountain bikes, canoes, and boats, and organizes moose safaris. Off Rte. 6, Lillehammer. 61-26-40-37. www.nordseter.no.
Mt. Lunkefjell (3,320 feet) is a popular hiking destination accessible from Sjusjøen Sport & Aktiviteter. Regular bicycles and mountain bikes can be rented. The center also organizes walks, bicycle and fishing trips, and canoeing. Sjøen. 62-36-30-04. sjusjoen-sport.no.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Dogsled Tours
- Hiking and Bicycling
- Hiking and Climbing
- Hiking and Glacier Walking
- Horseback Riding
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Oslo Savings! Book at Park Inn by Radisson Oslo Fr $397+/Nt Expedia
- Small budget: Book Best Western Kampen 3 Nts in May Fr $229+/Nt Expedia
- Save at 5-Star Radisson Blu Plaza , Oslo: $391 & Up in May — $391 Expedia