Getting Here and Around
The wide, two-lane Route E6 north from Oslo passes through Lillehammer. For a more scenic alternative, follow Route 33 on the western bank of Lake Mjøsa, via Gjøvik.
Nor-Way buses link Lillehammer and Oslo with four departures daily. The journey takes just under three hours. There are also regular train services between Lillehammer and Oslo throughout the day. The ride's about two hours and 15 minutes.
The nearest airport is Oslo's Gardermoen Airport.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $229 & Up: Best Western Kampen 4-Star Hotel in Oslo Expedia
- Oslo Savings! Book at Park Inn by Radisson Oslo Fr $397+/Nt Expedia
- Book 3 Nts in Oslo this May Fr $391+/Nt — $391 Expedia