Getting Here and Around
Røros's tiny airport is used by local airline Widerøe (which offers regular flights to Oslo) and a handful of small private operators.
Nor-Way Express buses link Røros and Trondheim in just under three hours. There are several services a day. The journey to Oslo takes six hours, and there is only one departure daily.
Røros is on the Oslo-Trondheim train line, with several services a day in both directions.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Oslo Fr $261+/Nt Expedia
- Oslo Savings! Book 3 Nts in May at Anker Fr $187+/Nt Expedia
- Special deal: 4-Star Best Western Kampen Fr $172+/Nt — $172 Expedia
- Save at 3-Star Radiumhospitalet l: $149 & Up in May — $149 Save with Expedia, $91/night less
- Book 3-Star Park Inn by Radisson Oslo in Oslo Fr $367+/Nt — $367 Expedia