Side Trips from Oslo Travel Guide
There is much to see and do around Oslo, particularly in the Oslo Fjord area. The coast, on both the east and west side, offers ample opportunities for swimming, walking, and fishing. Farther away from the sea, expect gentle rolling fields, big gård (farms), and forested areas. This region is one of the most populated in Norway, so public transport links and roads are good, making for quick travel.
Find the best Side Trips from Oslo restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Side Trips from Oslo
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- Special deal: 4-Star Best Western Kampen Fr $172+/Nt Expedia
- Oslo Savings! Book 3 Nts in May at Anker Fr $187+/Nt Expedia
- Book 3-Star Park Inn by Radisson Oslo in Oslo Fr $367+/Nt — $367 Expedia
- Save at 3-Star Radiumhospitalet l: $149 & Up in May — $149 Save with Expedia, $91/night less
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Oslo Fr $261+/Nt — $261 Expedia
Norway's capital tops lots of lists, usually of "the world's most expensive cities."... Read more
The promise of chilly temps tends to send us all indoors.... Read more
There's a new character in town.... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Now52° F Clear 82% Humidity May 24, 2013 at 10:50PM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My film “Vikings, Tivoli and Trolls” presents the highlights of Denmark, Sweden and Norway, starring Copenhagen’s colorful Nyhavn Canal, entertainment at the Tivoli amusement park; Stockholm’s Read more
We went to tromso and abisko national park to see the northern lights
Would like to thank the forum members ( especially charlie cornwall ) team at visit tromso office and guide gunnar for all the help. Read more
I am from India and wish to plan a trip to see the northern lights this winter.
We are in the intial stages of planning and need suggestions:
Time of travel : Sep to Dec 13 (can change based on suggestions) Read more