Skiing in the Sirdal area, 2½ hours from Stavanger, is possible from January to April. Special ski buses leave Stavanger on weekends at 8:30 am during the season. Especially recommended is Sinnes for its non-hair-raising cross-country terrain. 38-37-12-02.
Downhill skiing is available at Ålsheia, which is on the same bus route. Other places to ski include
Gullingen skisenter, Suldal 52-79-99-01.
Sauda skisenter, Sauda 52-78-56-56. www.saudaskisenter.no.
Stavtjørn alpinsenter 51-45-17-17.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe