Getting Here and Around
By car follow the E18 from Oslo to Drammen, and then the E134. Several trains serve Notodden from Oslo S every day, although you'll have to change trains on the way. The journey can take anything between two to six hours, depending on connections. Buses also depart regularly from Oslo Bus Terminal to Notodden, and take about two hours.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book in Stavanger: Save this May Fr $165+/Nt Save with Expedia, $18/night less
- Book 3-Star Viste Strand l Fr $194+/Nt Expedia
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Stavanger Fr $222+/Nt — $222 Save with Expedia, $24/night less
- Book the Myhregaarden 3 Nts in May Fr $244+/Nt — $244 Expedia