- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- central to the city and the harbor
- excellent breakfast buffet
- the top floor's Skibsbroen Bar has stunning views
- comfortable rooms
- breakfast may be crowded when there's a busload of tourists here
Check Rates from our Partners
Rica Ishavshotel Review
Shaped like a ship, Tromsø's snazziest hotel is right at the harbor and stretches over the sound toward Ishavskatedralen. Inside, polished wood furnishings with brass trim evoke the life of the sea. Guests represent a mixture of business executives, tourists, and participants at scientific conferences.
- Address: Fr. Langesgt. 2, Tromsø, 9008 | Map It
- Phone: 77-66-64-00
- Website: www.rica-hotels.com/hotels/norway/northern-norway/tromso/rica-ishavshotel
- Location: Trondheim
- 180 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My film “Vikings, Tivoli and Trolls” presents the highlights of Denmark, Sweden and Norway, starring Copenhagen’s colorful Nyhavn Canal, entertainment at the Tivoli amusement park; Stockholm’s Read more
We went to tromso and abisko national park to see the northern lights
Would like to thank the forum members ( especially charlie cornwall ) team at visit tromso office and guide gunnar for all the help. Read more
I posted earlier about a trip to Norway in July/Aug. Read more
· News & Features
Norway's capital tops lots of lists, usually of "the world's most expensive cities."... Read more
The promise of chilly temps tends to send us all indoors.... Read more
There's a new character in town.... Read more