The flying time to Lisbon is 6½ hours from New York, 9 hours from Chicago, and 15 hours from Los Angeles. The flight from London to Lisbon is about 2½ hours. Continental Airlines has one daily nonstop flight from Newark to Lisbon's Aeroporto Internacional de Lisboa (LIS, 21/841-3500), as does TAP Air Portugal (800/221-7370 in U.S. www.tap.pt), but with connections to Porto's Aeroporto Francisco Sá Carneiro (OPO, 22/943-2400). It may be cheaper flying to London and picking up a budget airline or charter flight. Domestic flights are expensive. From Lisbon, TAP serves Porto and Faro.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- iExplore Portugal IExplore
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
- Passionate Portugal IExplore
- Passionate Portugal — $7,760 IExplore