- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
You'll pay a premium for most imported books, though books in Russian are remarkably inexpensive. Bright and comfortable Anglia British Bookshop carries a good selection of literature and books about Russia—mostly books from Britain. It also holds readings and other events. The bookshop is open weekdays 10-7, Saturday 10-6, and Sunday 11-5.
The Dom Inostrannoi Knigi (House of International Books), a British oasis, is just around the corner from the Kuznetsky Most metro station. The staff can be very grumpy. It's open weekdays 10-9, Saturday 10-9, and Sunday 10-8.
Dom Knigi, open weekdays 9-9 and weekends 10-9, is Russia's largest bookstore. It has a small foreign-literature section and a large section for students of Russian language. Be sure to examine the selection outside the front door, where individual sellers spread out their wares.
Anglia British Bookshop. 6 Vorotnikovsky per., Mayakovskaya, Moscow. 495/699-7766. Metro: Mayakovskaya.
Dom Inostrannoi Knigi. 18 Kuznetsky Most, Kuznetsky Most, Moscow. 495/628-2021. Metro: Kuznetsky Most.
Dom Knigi. 26 Novy Arbat, Arbat, Moscow. 495/789-3591. Metro: Arbatskaya.
Newspapers & Magazines
You can read up on world and local news in the city's English-language newspaper, the Moscow Times (www.themoscowtimes.com), published weekdays. It's available in just about any Western store, restaurant, or major hotel. Other free publications include weekly entertainment guide Element and the outrageous biweekly newspaper The Exile, which writes satirically about life in Moscow and Russian politics.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- From Russia With Love! Flights to Moscow From 477 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Moscow Savings! Book at Lotte Moscow Fr $595+/Nt Save with Expedia, $126/night less
- Moscow Savings! Book at Ararat Park Hyatt Moscow Fr $560+/Nt Save with Expedia, $90/night less
- Book 3-Star Novotel Moscow Sheremetyevo Fr $261+/Nt — $261 Save with Expedia, $32/night less
- Holiday Inn Moscow-Simonovsky in May: $202 & Up — $202 Expedia