- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
This elegant restaurant with extremely high standards serves fine Russian and Continental cuisine. The breathtaking interior—there's an art nouveau stained-glass roof, shining parquet floors, and private balconies—is fit for a tsar, as are the prices. The mouthwatering menu includes some dishes inspired by authentic royal recipes. Try the venison marinated in vodka and juniper berries, or the lobster, sturgeon, and salmon à la Russe. The popular Sunday champagne-and-caviar brunch (4,500R) is the place to see and be seen among the city's high-rollers. Reserve well ahead, particularly in summer.
- Address: Grand Hotel Europe, 1/7 Mikhailovskaya ul., City Center, St. Petersburg, 191023
- Phone: 812/329-6630
- Website: www.grandhoteleurope.com
- Metro: Nevsky Prospekt or Gostinny Dvor.
- Location: St. Petersburg
- Jacket and tie.
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- ASAP Tickets Sale! Flights to Saint Petersburg From 497 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- St. Petersburg Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $154+/Nt Expedia
- Starting Fr $57: Great St. Petersburg Price Save with Hotels.com, $8/night less
- St. Petersburg on Sale! 3 Nts + Air as Low as $664 Travelocity
- Hot Deal on a 27 Nt Cruise! Seabourn Cruise Line Fr $5,499 Expedia
This is a series of Trip reports that I originally posted on Trip Advisor. Read more
Hello. Read more
My wife and I are planning to visit Moscow and St Petersburg in May. Read more
· News & Features
Why not take that classic walking city tour to new heights with this new trend of rooftop tours? ... Read more
Feeling that Olympics fever?... Read more
From Arkansas to Nicaragua, we've got our ear to the ground when it comes to the hottest new hotels.... Read more