By Boat & Ferry
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
By Boat & Ferry
Traveling by boat between St. Petersburg and the Kotlin border is 1½ hours of sheer enjoyment: a pleasure cruise passes the island of Kotlin (Kronstadt), then travels along the coastline where Lomonosov, Peterhof, and Strelna can be seen with the aid of binoculars. Finally, it arrives into the huge city harbor, with St. Isaac's Cathedral as a constant focus. Make arrangements at the sea passenger terminal, which is on Vasilievsky Island at Ploshchad Morskoi Slavy. For inland trips to places such as Valaam Island, Kizhi Island, or even Moscow, boats depart from the river passenger terminal.
Baltic Line. 812/322-1616. www.balticline.ru.
River passenger terminal. 195 pr. Obukhovskoi Oborony, Vladimirskaya, St. Petersburg, 192131. 812/362-0239 or 812/362-5101. Metro: Proletarskaya.
Sea passenger terminal. Pl. Morskoi Slavy, 1, Vasilievsky Island, St. Petersburg, 199108. 812/322-6052; 812/702-0799 St.Petersburg line for ferry tickets.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- ASAP Tickets Sale! Flights to Saint Petersburg From 497 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- $104 & Up: Cheap St. Petersburg Stay Save with Hotels.com, $43/night less
- St. Petersburg Savings! Book at Nevsky Central Fr $250+/Nt Expedia
- Look no Further! St. Petersburg 7 Nts + Air as Low as $1,842 Travelocity
- Hot Deal on a 27 Nt Cruise! Seabourn Cruise Line Fr $5,499 Expedia