- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The staff members of the City Tourist Information Center (Gorodskoi Turistichesky Tsentr Informatsii ot Soveta po Turismu) are generally friendly, although they have a tendency to thrust maps and booklets at you in the absence of any great ideas themselves. The center has a database on cultural and sports events, hotels, major tourist attractions, and so on. You may also consult the St. Petersburg Tourism and Excursions Council (Soviet po Turismu i Ekskursiyam). You can also call the Infoline 24 hours a day; the operators may not have the answer to your question, but they will tell you so nicely.
Your best bet for information and assistance is your hotel, for virtually all of the hotels have established tourist offices for their guests. These offices, which provide many services, can help you book individual and group tours, make restaurant reservations, or purchase theater tickets. Even if you're not a hotel guest, you're usually welcome to use these facilities, provided you are willing to pay the hefty fees for their services.
If you plan on spending a great deal of time in the city, it might be worthwhile to invest about 125R in the Traveller's Yellow Pages for Saint Petersburg (www.infoservices.com), a compact telephone book and handbook written in English, with indexes in several languages, including English. You can pick one up at most of the bookstores that carry English-language books.
City Tourist Information Center. 14/52 Sadovaya ul., City Center, St. Petersburg, 191023. 812/310-2822 information; 812/310-223; 812/300-3333 tourist help line. eng.ispb.info. Weekdays 10-6. Metro: Sennaya Ploshchad.
St. Petersburg Tourism and Excursions Council. 3 Italianskaya ul., City Center, St. Petersburg. 812/110-6739; 812/314-8786 office; 812/710-6690 foreign section. 812/710-6824.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- ASAP Tickets Sale! Flights to Saint Petersburg From 497 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- 4-Star Guyot Fr $184+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $18/night less
- 5th Corner in May: $203 & Up Expedia
- Last Minute Vacation Sale! 6 Nts St. Petersburg + Air Fr $1,294 Travelocity
- Hot Deal on a 27 Nt Cruise! Seabourn Cruise Line Fr $5,499 Expedia