- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Abandoning the Michelin-starred restaurant that made him famous might sound risky, but Paul Kitching didn't become known as one of the region's most innovative chefs without being daring. Housed in a grand old Georgian house, this restaurant is sumptuously appointed, with prices to match; the five-course fixed-price dinner menu is £67, and lunch starts at £26 for three courses.The dining room combines boudoir-style comfort with belle-epoque grandeur. Expect creative takes on old classics, such as his deconstructed fish-and-chips. Kitching's fearlessness is apparent in dishes like turbot with chorizo, dates, vanilla, and rutabaga puree—not to mention the cheesecake flavored with caraway seeds.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $2386 & up -- Scotland: 6-Nt. Trip w/5-Star Hotels & Air Great Value Vacations
- $1799 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
- $1555 & up -- Scotland 6-Nt. Bed & Breakfast Escape w/Air — $1,555 Sceptre Tours
- $1606 & up -- Scotland & Ireland 8-Nt. B&B Escape w/Air — $1,606 Great Value Vacations
I realized that my other ongoing report ("UK TR, so far)" was now misnamed....so I am finishing here. I started it on the 2nd (or so) day of our trip, but now we have been at home for several days.
The Read more
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more
My 19yo DS is studying in London for 6 weeks and then hosteling in Europe for 10 days. Read more