- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
The East Coast Train line runs through the city, linking it to Edinburgh (and beyond, to London), Glasgow (and the West Coast of England), and Aberdeen, with trains to all every hour or half-hourly at peak times. Cheaper bus service is available to all of these locations, as well as St. Andrews and several other towns in Fife and Angus.
If you're traveling by car, the A92 will take you from Fife, over the road bridge, and north to Abroath and the Angus coast towns. The A90, from Perth, heads north to Aberdeen.
Most of the sights in Dundee are clustered together, so you can easily walk around the city. If the weather is bad or your legs are heavy, hail one of the many cabs on the easy-to-find taxi ranks for little more than a few pounds.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Explore Dundee For Less! Book Fr $150+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $15/night less
- Small budget: Stay in Dundee this May Fr $155+/Nt Save with Expedia, $17/night less
- Small budget: Stay in Dundee this May Fr $179+/Nt — $179 Save with Expedia, $16/night less