Fife and Angus Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Fife and Angus
Seeing St. Andrews: With its medieval streets, ruined cathedral and castle, and peculiarly posh atmosphere, St. Andrews is one of the most incongruous yet beguiling places in Scotland—even without its famous golf course.
Hitting the links: If you can't get on the Old Course in St. Andrews by ballot or by any other means, Fife and Angus have fabulous fairways aplenty, including the famous links course at Carnoustie.
Exploring East Neuk: As you take in crowstep-gabled fisherman's cottages, winding cobbled lanes, seaside harbor scenes, and lovely beaches, you can almost imagine the harsh lives of the hard-working Fifers who lived in tiny hamlets such as Crail and Anstruther. Today artists and visitors make it all pleasantly picturesque.
Discovering Dundee: This formerly industrial city is becoming better known for its vibrant arts, music, theater, restaurant, and nightlife scenes. It's in a spectacular natural setting by Britain's most powerful river, the Tay.
Yen for the glens: The long Angus glens such as Glen Clova that run into the wild Grampian Mountains are magical places beloved of outdoors enthusiasts and those just wanting to rediscover nature.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Explore Dundee For Less! Book Fr $150+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $15/night less
- Small budget: Stay in Dundee this May Fr $155+/Nt Save with Expedia, $17/night less
- Small budget: Stay in Dundee this May Fr $179+/Nt — $179 Save with Expedia, $16/night less