- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Angus Glens
You can rejoin the hurly-burly of the A90 for the return journey south from Montrose or Brechin; the more pleasant route, however, leads southwesterly on minor roads (there are several options) that travel along the face of the Grampians, following the fault line that separates Highland and Lowland. The Angus Glens extend north from points on Route A90. Known individually as the glens of Isla, Prosen, Clova, and Esk, these long valleys run into the high hills of the Grampians and some clearly marked walking routes. Those in Glen Clova are especially appealing.
Be aware that Thursday is a half-day in Angus; many shops and attraction close at lunch.
Elsewhere in Fife and Angus
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Small budget: Stay in Dundee this May Fr $196+/Nt Save with Expedia, $22/night less
- Special deal: 4-Star DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee Fr $183+/Nt Save with Expedia, $16/night less
- Dundee Savings! Book at West Park Fr $79+/Nt — $79 Expedia