Sights & Attractions in Orkney and Shetland Islands
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Choice Sights in Orkney and Shetland Islands
On the last remaining stretch of the old waterfront at the restored...
|Museums / Galleries||Lerwick|
After a fierce storm in 1850, the laird of Breckness, William...
|Archaeological Sites||Stromness and the Neolithic Sites|
The enchanting Stromness Museum has the feel of some grand Victorian's...
|Museums / Galleries||Stromness and the Neolithic Sites|
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $2386 & up -- Scotland: 6-Nt. Trip w/5-Star Hotels & Air Great Value Vacations
- $1999 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
- The Royal Scotsman & the Military Tattoo Escorted Journey IExplore
- $1555 & up -- Scotland 6-Nt. Bed & Breakfast Escape w/Air — $1,555 Sceptre Tours
- $1606 & up -- Scotland & Ireland 8-Nt. B&B Escape w/Air — $1,606 Great Value Vacations