- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
There's no train station in Gatehouse of Fleet. Local buses are available, but you may need to make several transfers. Driving is your best option. From Kirkcudbright, take the A755/B727 (15 minutes). From Glasgow, take the A713 (about 2 hours). From Edinburgh, take the A701 (about 2½ hours).
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1999 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises