Sights & Attractions in The Borders and the Southwest
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
In 1811 Sir Walter Scott, already an established writer, bought...
|Houses / Mansions||Melrose|
Harestanes Countryside Visitor Centre
Housed in a former farmhouse 3 mi north of Jedburgh, this visitor...
The most impressive of the Borders abbeys towers above Jedburgh...
Mary, Queen of Scots House
This bastel (from the French bastille) was the fortified town...
|Houses / Mansions||Jedburgh|
Just off the square sit the ruins of Melrose Abbey, one of the...
This large, turreted, and castellated house, part of which was...
|Castles / Palaces||Melrose|
Browse All Borders and the Southwest Sights
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1999 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises