Sights & Attractions in The Borders and the Southwest
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The final resting place of Sir Walter Scott and his wife, and...
To appreciate the famous 20-mi ride of Mary, Queen of Scots...
|Castles / Palaces||Jedburgh|
Jedburgh Castle Jail
This was the site of the Howard Reform Prison established in...
|Museums / Galleries||Jedburgh|
The National Trust for Scotland's Priorwood Gardens, next to...
|Gardens / Arboretums||Melrose|
There's no escaping Sir Walter in this part of the country: 3...
Three Hills Roman Heritage Centre
On exhibit here are such artifacts as tools, weapons, and armor...
From Harestanes Countryside Visitor Centre you can see the Waterloo...
|Memorials / Monuments||Jedburgh|
Browse All Borders and the Southwest Sights
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1999 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises