- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Coach House Coffee Shop
Coach House Coffee Shop Review
This lively restaurant and café fits perfectly into its surroundings with its cheerful, over-the-top Scottishness. Long wooden tables, a large chimney with an open fire in the winter months, and a cabinet full of mouthwatering cakes baked by the owner create the atmosphere. Favorites include rich homemade soups and stokies (large round rolls filled to overflowing), as well as the ubiquitous haggis, served in king-size quantities. It's worth asking for tea served in ceramic teapots representing everything from dining rooms to telephone boxes (the pots are for sale in the shop).
- Address: Church Rd., Luss, G83 8NN
- Phone: 01436/860341
- Location: Loch Lomond
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1799 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
I realized that my other ongoing report ("UK TR, so far)" was now misnamed....so I am finishing here. I started it on the 2nd (or so) day of our trip, but now we have been at home for several days.
The Read more
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more
My 17 year old daughter will be flying alone from the US to Munich via London (Heathrow). Read more
· News & Features
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger?... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more