- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mountain Coffee Company & Hillbillies Bookstore
At a Glance
- good dining options
- great for spotting wildlife like porpoises and seals
- dated decor
- gets booked up quickly
Mountain Coffee Company & Hillbillies Bookstore Review
A café, lodge, and book shop all rolled into one, this property is a center of activity in Gairloch. Guest rooms are cozy, and one even has a four-poster bed. The café has a conservatory with a sweeping view over the sea. Fresh-baked scones, both savory and sweet, are excellent for breakfast and lunch. Books on all subjects are everywhere, spilling over from the shop into the restaurant. Mountaineering memorabilia decorate the walls.
- Address: Strath Sq., Gairloch, IV21 2BX
- Phone: 01445/712316
- Location: Gairloch
- 3 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Jan.--Mar.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more
With many thanks to many posters here who commented in my earlier thread: http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/3-weeks-w-6-year-old-in-uk.cfm
I didn't want to disappear into the ether and i wanted to Read more
Has anyone visited the Tennyson home, Aldworth House, Lurgashall? Read more
· News & Features
Memorial Day is the unofficial start of what we like to call "weekend getaway season."... Read more
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more
The Aran Islands (Inishmore, Inishmaan, and Inisheer) are three small, but adventure-packed islands o... Read more