Sights & Attractions in The Northern Highlands and the Western Isles
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Things to Do in Port of Ness
In the small community of Arnol, the Black House is a well-preserved...
|Houses / Mansions||Port of Ness|
Butt of Lewis Lighthouse
At the northernmost point of Lewis stands the Butt of Lewis Lighthouse...
|Nautical Sites||Port of Ness|
One of the best-preserved Iron Age brochs (circular stone towers)...
|Archaeological Sites||Port of Ness|
Up a side road north from Carloway, Gearrannan is an old black-house...
|Museum Village||Port of Ness|
Browse All Northern Highlands and the Western Isles Sights
- Calanais Standing Stones
- Glen Brittle and the Cuillin Mountains
- John o'Groats
- Kyle of Lochalsh
- North Uist
- Port of Ness
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Inverness Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $254+/Nt Expedia
- $126 & Up: Ramada Encore Inverness 3-Star Hotel in Inverness Save with Expedia, $41/night less
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts at Royal Highland Fr $133+/Nt — $133 Save with Expedia, $12/night less