Kayaking in Slovenia
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Soca River has ideal conditions for white-water rafting, kayaking, hydrospeeding (a small board for body-surfing waves), and canyoning. The season lasts from April to October. The best rapids lie between Bovec and Kobarid. Numerous outfitters in Bovec rent boats and equipment and also offer instruction and guided rafting and kayaking trips. Less exhilarating—though still very fun—river rafting is available near Bled and Bohinj.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe