Nightlife & the Arts in Slovenia
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Although they were considered the workaholics of Yugoslavia, Slovenes do know how to enjoy themselves. One in 10 of the capital's inhabitants is a student, hence the proliferation of trendy cafés and small art galleries. Each year the International Summer Festival breathes new life into the Ljubljana cultural scene, sparking off a lively program of concerts and experimental theater. For information about forthcoming cultural events, check Events in Ljubljana, a monthly pamphlet published by the Ljubljana Promotion Center, and the English-language magazine Ljubljana Life, both available in major hotels and tourist offices.
Browse Slovenia Nightlife
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe