Gyms and Spas in Barcelona
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Gyms and Spas
Club Esportiu Femení Iradier. Just above the Passeig de la Bonanova in the upper part of Barcelona, this sleek, exclusive club for women offers Pilates, yoga, and original combinations of fitness programs, as well as squash, a gym, sauna, and pool. A day membership costs €25. Carrer Iradier 18 bis, Sant Gervasi, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08017. 93/254-1717. www.iradier.com.
DiR. The DiR network has more than a dozen branches all over Barcelona. The minimum one-week membership costs €40 and includes fitness classes and the use of the sauna, steam room, swimming pool, and squash courts. Day passes cost from €18 in the morning to €25 in the early evening. Those working out with the equipment can pump in time to the videos playing on MTV or watch CNN or BBC news in English. DiR Main branch, Ganduxer 25-27, Sant Gervasi, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08021. 93/202-2202; 901/304030 for general information. www.dir.es.
Seven7SportsClub. Off Passeig de Gràcia near the hotel Condes de Barcelona, this winner has a gym, sauna, pool (summer only), squash courts, and paddle tennis. Day membership here costs €30 for 24 hours (so it can work for two days if you time it right), with a small supplement for the squash and paddle-tennis courts. Passatge Domingo 7, Eixample, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08002. 93/215-2755. www.sevensportsclub.com.
02 Centro Wellness. A minimalist-design triumph created by Alonso Balaguer in lower Sarrià, this streamlined glass-and-steel hydrotherapy spa cures whatever might be ailing you. Passeig Manuel Girona 23, Sarrià, Sant Gervasi, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08034. 93/206-3988. www.o2centrowellness.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1999 -- Spain: 6-Night Trip with Airfare & Tours, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
- $2149 -- 7-Night All-Inclusive European Cruise in Suite MSC Cruises
- $399 & up -- Fall 7-Night Mediterranean Cruises — $399 MSC Cruises
- $859 & up -- Mediterranean 7-Night Summer Cruise — $859 Royal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- 7-Night Roundtrip Spain Cruise in Spring — $599 Royal Caribbean