Hiking in Barcelona
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Collserola hills behind the city offer well-marked trails, fresh air, and lovely views. Take the San Cugat, Sabadell, or Terrassa FFCC train from Plaça de Catalunya and get off at Baixador de Vallvidrera; the information center, 10 minutes uphill next to Vil.la Joana (now the Jacint Verdaguer Museum), has maps of this mountain woodland just 20 minutes from downtown. The walk back into town can take from two to five hours depending on your speed and the trails you choose. For longer treks, try the 15-km (9-mi) Sant Cugat-to-Barcelona hike, or take the train south to Sitges and make the three-day walk to Montserrat.
Associació Excursionista, Etnográfica i Folklorica. Associació Excursionista, Etnográfica i Folklorica advises on and organizes outings of all kinds. Avinyó 19, Barri Gòtic, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08002. 93/302-2730.
Club Excursionista de Catalunya. Club Excursionista de Catalunya has information on hiking far afield, including in the Pyrenees. Paradis 10, Barri Gòtic, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08002. 93/315-2311.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1999 -- Spain: 6-Night Trip with Airfare & Tours, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
- $2149 -- 7-Night All-Inclusive European Cruise in Suite MSC Cruises
- $399 & up -- Fall 7-Night Mediterranean Cruises — $399 MSC Cruises
- $859 & up -- Mediterranean 7-Night Summer Cruise — $859 Royal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- 7-Night Roundtrip Spain Cruise in Spring — $599 Royal Caribbean