Tennis in Barcelona
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Trofeo Godó-Open Seat. Barcelona's main tennis tournament, held in late April, is a clay-court event long considered a French Open warm-up. For tickets to this event, consult with the Reial Club de Tenis de Barcelona or the tournament website beginning in late February. Tickets may also be obtained at www.servicaixa.com. Carrer de Bosch i Gimpera 21, Pedralbes, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08034. 93/203-7852. www.barcelonaopenbancsabadell.com.
Vall d'Hebron. The Olympic tennis facilities here are open daily 8 am-11 pm; clay costs €22 per hour, hard courts €18. Passeig Vall d'Hebron 178-196, Vall d'Hebron, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08035. 93/427-6500. Clay courts €22/hr, hard courts €18/hr (lights €6). Daily 8 am-11 pm.
Complejo Deportivo Can Caralleu. A 30-minute walk uphill from the Reina Elisenda subway stop (FFCC de la Generalitat), this center offers hard surface tennis courts and clean air. It's open daily 8 am to 11 pm. Tennis courts cost €15 per hour by day, €20 at night. Memberships are inexpensive and include use of fitness equipment and swimming pool by the day, week or month. Carrer Esports 2-8, Pedralbes, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08017. 93/203-7874. www.cemcancaralleu.cat. €15/hr day, €20/hr night. Daily 8 am-11 pm.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $2149 -- 7-Night All-Inclusive European Cruise in Suite MSC Cruises
- $399 & up -- Fall 7-Night Mediterranean Cruises — $399 MSC Cruises
- $849 & up -- Mediterranean 7-Night Summer Cruise — $849 Royal Caribbean
- $649 & up -- 7-Night Roundtrip Spain Cruise in Spring — $649 Royal Caribbean
- $649 & up -- Weeklong Italy & France Cruise in Summer — $649 Royal Caribbean